Sunday, February 7, 2010

It means Love

I was always surrounded by musicians and artists growing up, but as I got older, I started hanging with a more science nerd type crowd. And I think geeks are hot, but I always missed the artists.

Luckily, in Second Life, I'm back surrounded by a bunch of artists, including my friend, Swirly Disco Flames artist Marnix Malifozik. Marnix creates these ... well, swirly, funky pieces of art that are pretty darn cool! He has a new collection released just in time for Valentine's Day called Aroha.

Aroha is a Maori word meaning love. But the English word love does not demonstrate the true depth of aroha. Other ways to translate aroha might include compassion, affection, respect, sympathy and mercy. It encompasses so much more than merely love.

Well, I don't know much about Maori, but I do know that this collection is very pretty!

Review - Swirly Disco Flames - Aroha


I'm showing you No.77 and No.102, but there are 20 altogether. Each piece of art is modify/no copy, and just perfect for gift giving to someone special. All paintings are $100L.

Stop by Swirly Disco Flames to check out these, and the other art pieces by Marnix!

Also in this post:

Skin: Belle "Meow Rubies" by Belleza
Hair: Joanna in Swedish by Truth
Eyes: Open Ocean by Miriel [No longer available]
Top: Help Thermal.Henley by fri.day
Jeans: Garage jeans by League
Necklace: Love Necklace in platinum by Cad & Tart [I ♥ Originals fair exclusive]
Pose by Olive Juice


No comments:

Post a Comment