Saturday, July 24, 2010

Today's Gaze - My Sister's Style

My older sister has always had her own kind of style. Being beautiful [think a slightly older Alyssa Milano], she's always been able to get away with things that most people couldn't - like track pants, striped socks, and heeled loafers. Yes, together. She's a mishmash of fashion, but she'll always be wearing something like an interesting piece of turquoise jewelry, or a funky belt. Why am I telling you all this? Well, when I put on the Ginger belt by Nyte n Day that I picked up at the Summer of Love fair, my sister immediately popped up in my head, and I ended up putting together an outfit that reminded me a great deal of her.

Review - Today's Gaze - My Sister's Style


The Ginger belt is seriously awesome. There is a SERIOUS shortage of decent belts in SL, that is for sure. I think this belt is only at the fair at the moment, but I'm sure it will be in the Nyte n Day mainstore after the fair is over.

I kept the rest of my look kind of simple, as my sister would do. I'm wearing the Basic Black Cami from fri.day, and the black Rolled Docker Shorts by Elephant Outfitters, which I bought at the Armidi sale, via the Shop Armidi website. My shoes are definitely some my sister would love, the Chunky Claw Sandals from Shiny Things. As skins get more highlighted and shaded, I'm finding it easier to just rock my regular feet instead of fussing with tinting prim feet. Does anyone else find themselves doing that lately?

My other accessories are just a mash up of different pieces, much like my sister would do. The gorgeous Iroha earrings by Mandala, a bracelet from the Acat set by Mariposa, and a black Zeyla necklace, also by Shiny Things. I decided not to show off my sister's curly curly hair and instead opted for the new Hailey hair by fri.day.

Although my sister will most likely never see this, I'm sure she would fully appreciate my outfit!

In this post:

Skin: Elle #15 by Belleza
Hair: Hailey in Happy Blond by fri.day
Top: Basic Cami in Black by fri.day
Shorts: Rolled Docker shorts in black by Elephant Outfitters [Purchased on the Shop Armidi website]
Shoes: Chunky Claw Sandals in black w/black sole by Shiny Things
Belt: Ginger belt, black w/silver studs by Nyte n Day at the Summer of Love fair
Necklace: Zeyla in black by Shiny Things
Earrings: Iroha by Mandala
Bracelet: Part of the Acat set by Mariposa
Pose by Exposeur

1 comment:

  1. I got that exact belt in that exact color at the fair as well! Can't wait to try it out. You know, you are the second person to recommend Shiny Things to me this afternoon, so I'm thinking fate is calling... *opens wallet*

    ReplyDelete