Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It should be called flow

I was eager to see who was going to jump onto the mesh clothing train when it was announced that mesh was going live. I was REALLY excited when I saw Jane had new mesh items out!! I love Jane anyway, as we all know, and I'm terribly in love with the new offerings!!

  Style - It Should Be Called Flow

 This pretty Sack Dress caught my eye immediately. It's so very cute and it just flows so well!! I was afraid, as many of us were, that mesh clothing was going to be super expensive due to the skill involved, but happily, Janie has kept her prices very very reasonable! Love love love. :)

 Now yes, there are a few drawbacks to mesh. You will not be able to edit your clothing [as far as I know, anyway. This dress, you can't edit.] and you have to wear an alpha layer to hide most of your body so that it fits. I'm wearing the "Small" size because the "Large" size gave me a huge chest! But I did have to modify my own shape somewhat to fit into the smaller size properly. There's only so much alpha layers can do. :) You will also need to be on a mesh enabled viewer and mesh enabled sim to see the clothing properly. So I'm sorry to those of you who are still kickin' it old school in a 1.23 viewer. You may find your SL looks a lot weirder in the coming months if you don't jump into a new viewer. From my understanding, the official SL viewers and Kirstens Viewer are the ones that are for mesh at the moment, with Firestorm working to get up to speed as quickly as they can do so.

Please do not worry much, though.  Yes, mesh gives us some great things, but there will always ALWAYS be the need for regular prims, textures and sculpties. :)

In this post:

Skin: Lustre in Pure 1 by Curio
Hair: Ricci in Swedish by Truth
Dress: Sack Dress in Tweet Marine by Jane [Mesh Dress!]
Shoes: Flip Flops in Rose by Maitreya Gold
Jewelry:
* Devotion Bridal Ring by Earthstones
* Valois Earrings by PixelDolls [Free mesh gift!]
Pose by aDORKable Poses

4 comments:

  1. :/ so no showing off our meticulously created curvy shapes in mesh dresses? ¡que lastima!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Xaqueline... no curvy D: and I'm a curvy shape addicted >.< Hehehe, but I love the DoF effect in the pic *O*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wearing the small size because I'm a bit smaller than some avatars and because the large size gave me an ENORMOUS chest and butt! Believe me, curves are there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the lack of curves is mainly a reflection of the style of dress that Janie was going for. If you want to see curves rendered in mesh clothing, try my post here http://tatesgallery.wordpress.com/2011/08/26/accommodating-mesh-in-your-closet/
    Thanks for this post Alicia. I have loved Janie too since the Mischief days and so happy she is diving into mesh!!

    ReplyDelete